Here is a list of my initial action plan for September and October, as of 12/09/16:
- Continue to regularly update my showcase blog (try to change or add something everyday). (ongoing as of 12/09/16)
- Keep up to date with the Pick n Mix computing modules on BlackBoard (completed E-Safety and modules 1 and 2)
- Find some useful resource websites for future use (ongoing as of 16/09/2016)
- Look into and explore Bee-Bot (completed 15/09/2016) and Daisy the Dinosaur (completed 17/09/16)
- Download and explore useful apps such as Aurasma (downloaded 23/09/2016), Coaches Eye, Decide Now! (downloaded 29/09/2016), Jolly Phonics (downloaded 27/09/2016), Decibel 10th (downloaded 27/09/2016).
- Upload a blog on E-safety (uploaded 18/09/2016) and Sexting
- Complete the compulsory module: Teaching Internet Safety (completed 18/09/16)
- Finish writing up my notes from the book ‘Primary Computing and ICT Knowledge, Understanding and Practice. Turvey, Potter, Allen and Sharp. (I read this book during July and August 2016).
Below is my full action plan which will be regularly updated:
|Name: Chloe S||Tutor: MK|
General use of Microsoft Office.
Popular apps such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Year 9 ICT lessons mainly focussing on Excel and Publisher.
|PGCE Computing audit revealed these priorities· Need to improve my skills and knowledge surrounding physical programming devices used in schools e.g. Bee-Bots, programming language, e.g. Scratch and computer networks e.g. working of search engines.
· Improve my knowledge and skills regarding coding and apps.
· The ability to integrate computing into lesson plans across the curriculum and how they can be utilised effectively.
· Identifying areas to extend and support children on their computing knowledge and skill.
|Action I will take in September and October||Date Completed|
||Hired 13/09/16 – Completed 15/09/16
Pick and Mix 4 – Completed 18/09/16
Pick and Mix 1 – Completed 22/10/16
Pick and Mix 2 – Completed 23/10/16
Downloaded and accessed – 20/09/2016-present)
Ongoing as of 15/09/2016
Ongoing as of 12/09/16
|Action I will take on GPP||Date Completed|
|· Introduce aspects of computing in core curriculum lessons and evaluate its effect on the lesson.||Used laptops within maths that incorporated games relating to capacity estimation. IT worked very well and the students were engaged within the activity as they could test themselves against peers and their previous score.|